Sunday, March 10, 2013

“Art is not a Thing; it is a way."- Elbert Hubbard.



3/3/3013 “Art is not a Thing; it is a way."-  Elbert Hubbard.
There has been much.  We are like seasons.  I feel like much of my life has been summer.  But now I am in dormant winter still with teases of Spring.  The desert is long, so long.  I am at a center and am not sure where to go.  ‘Nature does nothing uselessly. `Aristotle
   (Fact) Da Vinci was a vegetarian and an ardent lover of animals and nature; he was a gentle man and would buy birds in cages just so he could set them free. Excerpt from “the daily book of Art” Colin Gilber:
"The births of my two grandchildren have been a remarkable all-encompassing miracle to me after experiencing death including my mother slipping to heaven in my arms.  Circle, Circle.  I put it all in my art.  My Life, visions, my poetry¸ journey. I try to do and act the way I think is correct.  Sometimes I over compensate like with my loved ones.  Tomorrow is my mother’s birthday.  This is her second birthday in heaven.  I believe in heaven.  I feel her spirit.  I put this into my art work. I craved her love. Never quite had it like this long desert journey.  So close, within reach but not there, the eyes, her touch. So I gave it to her instead and I give it to others instead.  I saw a bulb coming through the soil today.  Hope.  Happy. I am very alive.  Empathetically I feel the heart beats of my loved ones and not so loved ones, of nature, of God of the pulse of the earth. I took my role of mother seriously.  I see it as a virtue.  I wait now for the birth of Spring.  I pick up my rake and start clearing away the leaves and tiny light green buds emerge from the daffodil bulb.  I am smiling. “Form is the outer expression of inner meaning.” Wassily Kandinsky

No comments:

Post a Comment