Sunday, March 10, 2013

Artist Log - March 2 2013



3/2/2013 This is the first time I have ever written an artist log. I have an art space where I create and teach students named Isis Art Studio.  I will talk more about the name down the road some.  I give you some thoughts now of my perceptions, and insights.  I also give you my up and coming ventures.  Presently I am entering into a Hyde collection competition that will be in Glens Falls, NY.  I read a whole lot; I probably will put inspiring quotes down as well as facts about artists. I believe I was born with the right side of my brain (creative) more developed then the other, and so I learned to be quiet, when little with my twin by my side. There was a whole litter, a whole clan of us…all eight of us.  I felt buried most of the time. My twin was the babble and I was the sponge.  I spoke long sentences after not speaking at all. My first language was Art, second English. I grew up by the sea.  I would scare at the Long Island shore.  I absorbed the environment, was lost in sunsets and have always had a perpetual longing to interpret what I saw and felt in a physical form via paint or gardens or sculpture.  My mother and her mother dabbled with paints, resisting.  My father was a writer and photography.  Both put their passions away.  I have been taking classes for decades and majored in art and psychology in college. I have had exhibitions of my art work, both group and solo, since I was nine. I had three sons I call masterpieces who are having their own ‘masterpieces’ now.  My beginning life by the sea was always part of my unconsciousness. For over four years I painted the sea in one form or another.  At the end of the obsession, I painted just the waves without reference to anything around it.  Later I entered into an almost six year journey of the Way of the Cross, creating 15 traditional with contemporary visions within each.  I went through a dormant time, almost a desert…thirsty but not knowing how long before the rains fell…. “Nature does nothing uselessly.”~~`Aristotle Now I am just starting to bloom with a new series of works called ‘Trees, Roots, and Fiddlehead Ferns.’

No comments:

Post a Comment