Monday, September 30, 2013

Recap of Summer 2013 & Art


Hello friends!

 
It has been quite the summer of 2013.


There are many wonderful changes, and Life is wonderful and Life is loud.  I look forward to the cooler weather.  Our last born son is continuing on his education to become an architect, like his father! Our second son has advanced to an much better employment schedual.  His wife and son are thriving and blooming.  They are launching a photoart small buisness on the side of his main job.  My grandson turned one in May and is an incredible sparkle of love.  My eldest son is getting married!!  He met a beautiful woman and they will be joined in matromony in February with their two children, our grandaughter who also turned one in August and our soon-to-be grandson who just turned seven. So exciting!

 

I am learning to try to stay in my being, when I drift away I feel lost. I am inching my way with my fiddle head painting.  I am in an artist block for the first time in my life.  Is this labor? Hmmm. Recently, I have been to Italy which I have spoken about and I have been to Canada on a family reunion cruise.  I have 7 siblings, and everyone was there and their significant others as well, totally the people tally to twenty-two.  This number follows me.  That is another blog though! I sought out peace on the 12th deck in the back.  There was a lot of music and a continuous party atmospere.  I guess you can describe me as perhaps a loner? An artist type? It was good to see my brothers and sisters and others.  I love them dearly. 

 

During this summer, my husband and I went to several art museums including the Fenamore Art Gallery in Cooperstown, New York. We also visited the Albany Institute of Art and History on several occations.  With the Fenamore Art Gallery in Cooperstown, I embraced the solitude and quite.  I never realized until this experience how much I craved looking at beautiful art work and being still.  The sun was bright and my husband and I went to a natural food resturant afterwards.  I weave the days with much energies towards my family.  We will be moving, first time in 16 years and it is huge.  Ah another log about this!  I bid adieu for now. 

 

I am including a quote by CS Lewis below that I embrace with my family and my own children and grandchildren.  Enjoy this profound C. S. Lewis quote that I agree with completely.

"There is no safe investment. To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly be broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one, not even an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements; lock it up safe in ...the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket — safe, dark, motionless, airless — it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. The alternative to tragedy, or at least to the risk of tragedy, is damnation. The only place outside Heaven where you can be perfectly safe from all the dangers and perturbations of love is Hell. I believe that the most lawless and inordinate loves are less contrary to God’s will than a self-invited and self-protective lovelessness…We shall draw nearer to God, not by trying to avoid the sufferings inherent in all loves, but by accepting them and offering them to Him; throwing away all defensive armour. If our hearts need to be broken, and if He chooses this as a way in which they should break, so be it."
~ C.S. Lewis

 

No comments:

Post a Comment